CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

02 September 2006

Nothing Really Changes

Today on a Yahoo Group I used to belong to, someone who is an infrequent poster told me that I was cool, but that the way I was describing my life was coming across as "mad arrogant". *Snort* Would you like to try insulting me in proper English, m'kaythanksbuhbye. I freakin' hate Ebonically gifted Kneegrows who try to come at somebody with that ghetto nonsense, but that's a whole nother post!

I should give ya'll some background on this. I went and took a training class a few months ago because I was curious about the inner workings of a financial institutions, and hell, it was free, so I figured why not? Well, I made some coo! azz friends in the class, but there were a few people in there who, while interesting, always rubbed me the wrong way. I keep in touch with the coo! folks, and left them ignant nigras alone. We all decided that we would keep the friendships alive and made the Yahoo Group to keep up with each other, plan parties, etc. Well, yesterday was the first time I decided to even bother to answer one of the multitude of emails they send, since most days by the time I get home and log on, I ain't in the mood to deal with any foolishness. Now mind you, out of about 100 posts, I have made all of 5 at this point, including the offending ones. This chick has the utter audacity to say I sound arrogant because I shut one of her friends down who was talkin' shit! Boooooooooo, nigga boooooooooooo.

I just discussed the situation with my sister, and this is what she told me. Looking back over my family tree, I come from a solidly middle class family. My family are 5th and 6th generation homeowners, not to mention that getting at least one post grad degree is almost mandatory. My mother has a Master's in Business, my father was a professor. My grandparents were both educators, and one of their parents on maternal and paternal sides (who were White) were doctors. Most interestingly, my maternal great, great grandfather was also a landed gentleman in the antebellum South. Translation? He owned slaves.

Now, I said all that to say that I can't help the way I come off in conversation with the minions. I am an educated, loquacious, intelligent, self assure and audacious Black woman. Is it so wrong for me to toot my own fuvkin' horn? Yes I have a 3.4 GPA. Yes, I was on the Dean's List last semester. Yes, I work as an Assistant Director of an HIV/AIDS information network, sp please take yo hatin' ass on somewhere with that bullish!!! You cannot... no, you will not make me feel bad just because I took Robert Kiyosaki's advice and decided to learn a little about a lot, and now I'm going to be able to do things you can only dream about. Don't hate me cause you're stuck in a dead end job with nowhere to go but sideways.

Now, back to our story. Being the intelligent, articulate sista I am, I had to check a trick in the nicest possible way and let her know that I took the class for personal fulfillment and just because I wanted to learn something new, not because I needed the training to get paid. I'm already paid, fuvk you kindly. You're still living in the 'hood with yo nigga who just got out of jail, but you want to check me? Chile please!!! I am on a whole other level of consciousness and imagination that you should try to attain before you come at me with yo stupidity. I am already degreed chica... what chu comin' to the table with? Why don't you stop worrying so hard about what I'm doin' and do you. It ain't hard.

Why do we as Black folk always gotta try to down each other or say we ain't doin' what we doing? You don't know me from a fuvkin' can of paint, yet you wanna be casting shadow on my shine??? What does that get you in the long run besides left the fuck behind to count my cash when I make that deposit into my savings account. Count my deposit like a good little minion while I go continue to get my business owning shine on.

BTW chica, it's not arrogance when you state facts, it's called reality. So hate on haterette while I go touch the skies.

0 comments: