CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

21 August 2006

Harpo!!! What Dis Noise Is?!?!

I was over at my favorite guilty pleasure C&D a lil while ago and what do I happen to come across? A tiff is a'brewing between Monica and Ms. Jones from Hot97 in NY. Apparently Monica took offense at something Jonesy said and decided to try to call her out. Now, seeing as how I'm not in the NY area, I just had to run right chere to check out the audio, of Ms. Jones' response to what was said. Suffice it to say Mz Nikki was giggling her azz off when it was all over and done. I don't know Ms. Jonez or Monica, but Ms. J got a point. These damned artists are putting out trash for us to listen to, but still expecting respect and for niccas not to call them on that shit?!?!

*In my best Mya Wilkes' voice* Oh HELL no! If yo shit ain't right, I gots ta call you on that ish. Artists putting out cd's in 2 weeks (*ahem* BeNONsay), tearin' up ish that wasn't broke (Damn it Miss Janet!!!), and dumbing down their music to appease uneducated, unoriginal and just palin azz ignant fans (Monica, Bey, Ciara, Pon De Forehead... and the list goes on...) are becoming an epidemic. I don't give a damn who you think you are, but do you are not allowed to get pissy with me when I say your overhyped coochie poppin', hood rat soundtrack soundin' tripe sux a bowl of Flavor Flav nutz. I can't help it if I'm allergic to the shitty overprocessed, mumble moufed, ignance that passes for mursic now adays.

Ms. Jones got some serious points. What ever happened to the days when labels cared about the music their artists produced? What happened to heads of record companies hearing some mess their artists were getting ready to put out and saying, "Ummmmm I think you might need to rethink that option"? Is it just that they don't care, or is something more insidious going on? Have we arrived at a time and date where real musicians are being run out of the business in favor of pretty girls who can't carry a fuvkin' tune if their lives depended on it? As a fellow poster at C&D once said, "I remember when pretty girls modeled instead of singing... I guess them days are over." I guess they are indeed.

I dunno ya'll... see I came up during the era of Gamble & Huff, Motown, & Arista with Clive Davis at the helm. People like Aretha, Gladys, The Spinners, The Chi-Lites, The Temptations, Earth, Wind & Fire, Patti, Dionne Warwick, Chaka Khan, Rufus, Prince, Michael Jackson, The Jacksons, Whitney, Boyz II Men, and a host of others were the required listening in my household. I was born into the 70's, became a child of the 80's and a woman of the 90's. Those were the decades when music was still music. You could put on an EW&F cd and play that bish from front to back and narry a song you skipped because that ish was fyah from beginning to end. Nuff said.

So ya'll gon have to excuse me if I think most of this crap they are putting out today sounds like two yaks fuvkin' to me, 'cause I know real music. Bey, Janet, Ciara, Cassie and nem just... ain't... it!

0 comments: