CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

21 August 2006

Rang the Dayum Alarm Already!!!

I just finished watching the video for "Ring the Alarm" and while I am no fan of SWSNBN, I must admit to having found a whole new respect for her after listening to/viewing this video. Ladies, how many of us have had those moments where we were wanting to ring the alarm after having given a man all of ourselves? Walk with me for a moment and soon you'll see what I mean.

A friend of mine (Sharice) recently got out of a 10 year relationship with a man I'll call "David". David was from the "wrong" side of the tracks, but my girl said fuck it, I'll take a chance on this man because he has potential and I want to love him. So Sharice made it her mission in life to introduce this man to the finer things. Reecey bought this man clothes, and not the cheap stuff either... I mean Bruno Magli, Versace, Sean John, Armani, D&G... you name it, David owns it. Sharice loved him so much she taught him how to groom himself, introduced him to caviar, patte, escargot and other exotic dishes. This sistah was his friend, lover, sister, mother, wife, confidante, cheerleader, sex machine, the butcher, baker AND candlestick maker all rolled into one!

Reecey sent this man to school, gave him 3 beautiful children, and she made this man the kind of brotha any woman would be proud to be seen with. She gave him back his self respect and dignity, all while letting him "be the man". And for over seven years all was right with the world...until Janet came along.

Now ladies, all of us have one of those female friends whose sole purpose in life is to make you want to kill her, and well, Janet is that friend for me. Janet is the group ho, and is one of the most self centered, egotistical, ignant bishes you ever want to meet. She makes me want to bash her face in every single time I see her, but that's neither here nor there. Seven and a half years into the relationship of my friend and David, he caught that infamous 7 year itch. Janet's skank shark smelling blood in the water ass moved in for the kill and moved my Reecey right on out the house on the hill, never to be heard from again.

Now, back to Beyonce's video. The enitre thing borrows heavily from the Sharon Stone/Michael Douglass movie "Basic Instinct", but I still couldn't help thinking about all the women who are probably thinking and feeling the exact same emotions Bey is conveying in this video. How many of us have given everything we have, are, will be to make a man everything he can be, I mean investing years, tears & all that good shit into loving, cheering for, praying for and with a man only to be tossed out like yesterday's garbage when a newer piece of azz comes along? Would that push you to the edge like the character in the RTA video, or would you be more likely to roll with the punches?

Personally, I'd be more likely to be that chick... you know, the one that makes you want to take yo azz to sleep with one eye open and a steak knife, some Holy Water and a crucifix unda ya pillow. It's true what they say you know: hell hath no fury like a Black woman scorned...

0 comments: